High torque at low RPM
Designed for commercial and recreational use, the CXO300 is a new generation of diesel marine technology, offering a high-powered diesel outboard to the marine market. Delivering 503 lb.ft torque at 2250-3000 revolutions per minute, the CXO300 allows your vessel to move through the water in a much more controlled and smooth manner, whilst also meeting the demands for a high performing outboard engine and ensuring safety and convenience at the same time.
Exceptional fuel savings
With up to 30% better fuel efficiency compared to a 300hp gasoline outboard, and with a service life that is three times your average outboard, the CXO300 not only provides unique fuel savings, but it also provides exceptional total cost of ownership savings.
Please note that data may differ depending on variables such as vessel and sea conditions. For further information, please visit our Performance page.
An outboard engine fit for the future
Cox Marine is committed to delivering a long-term development program of ground-breaking and sustainable diesel outboards to a wide range of users. To ensure the CXO300 is a clean burning engine, it has been put through a series of rigorous testing program and has successfully achieved EPA Tier 3, RCD II, IMO II and BSO II.
Engine designation CXO300
Propeller shaft power, kW (hp) 224 (300)
Engine propping speed, rpm 3700-4000
Displacement, L (cu.in.) 4.4 (266)
Weight, kg (lb) 393 (866)
Number of cylinders 8
Bore/stroke, mm (in.) 84 (3.3) / 98.5 (3.9)
Compression ratio 16:1
Ratio 1 (Propeller speed) 1.23:1 (3259)
Ratio 2 (Propeller speed) 1.46:1 (2739)
Peak torque, Nm (lb.ft) 650 (479)
Shaft Length, inch(mm) 25”(635)/30”(762)/35”(889)
Emission compliance EPA 3, IMO II, RCD II
Start assist Glow plugs
Rating Light-duty commercial
Trim range -4° to +16°
Tilt range 71°
Gear oil spec API GL-5, 80W-90, For colder climates we
recommend using API GL-5, 75W-90
Powerhead oil spec Min standard – fully synthetic API CI-4/ SAE
10W40 or 5W40
Propeller spline spec 1.25” shaft / 19 tooth
Color options Black / White
• 60 degree V8
• Aluminum alloy block, heads and ladder frame
• Quad camshafts, four valves per cylinder
• Standard outboard fitting layout
• 6-bolt mounting with multi-hole adjustment
• 30” transom spacing (28.5” with steering limits)
• Electronically controlled high pressure common rail fuel injection
• On-engine fuel filtration and cooling
Air inlet and exhaust system
• Twin turbochargers with electronic boost control
• Water-to-air charge cooling
• Air filters with replaceable inserts
• 90-degree spiral bevel gear drive
• All outboards offer standard and counter rotating capability,
programmable through the ECU
• Thermostatically regulated raw water cooling
• Solid impeller low-maintenance water pump
• Closed crankcase ventilation
• Drive-by-wire power and shift control
• 12V system voltage
• 100A flywheel-integrated marine alternator
• Automatic integrated fuses
• Maximum propeller diameter 16in
• 19 tooth 1.25” propeller spline
Sending your message. Please wait...
Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you shortly.
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please enter one valid email address.
Please complete all the fields in the form before sending.
Name Error. Use only alpha.
Message Error. Only Use only alpha and numbers.